Your mind is whirling with visions of your holiday lighting display. But before you go to the store, you may want to estimate the amount of lights you’ll need. Here’s a guide for getting started with your holiday cheer!
- Develop an overall game plan. Don’t wing it! Some popular spots for outdoor lighting includes: roof lines, bushes, windows and pathways. You’ll also have to decide whether to use LED lights or incandescent lights.
- Now, you are ready to start estimating. Measure any straight line you want to place with lights. You’ll have to decide whether you plan on placing one strand or two strands to make it brighter.
- Be sure to also measure the distance to your power source. All your hard work will be a waste if you can’t plug in your lights. We also recommend buying a timer, so you won’t have to remember to turn on and off your lights during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.
- The number of lights needed for trees and shrubs depends on your personal preference. A general rule is 100 lights for every 1.5 ft of tree or shrub you want to cover.
- After a trip to your favorite holiday lighting store, you’re ready to start installing your lights.
Avoid the daunting task of decorating your home. Call the professionals!